The websites ranked at the top of Google listings are the sites that Google deems most relevant and trustworthy for search enquiries.
If your website ranks below the first few results, visitors are unlikely to click through to your page – and if you’re not on the first page of results, you can pretty much guarantee that no-one will scroll far enough to find you.
On the whole, the construction space is behind in terms of content marketing and SEO. With less competition, there’s plenty of room for you to market your services online and rank at the top of results.
Google uses complex algorithms that consider over 200 factors when crawling your content for ranking. However, Google doesn’t disclose these. For many building product companies, it’s difficult to know how to optimise content for ranking.
But, through research and testing, Insynth have shortlisted 15 tactics to boost your Google rankings.
15 Tactics To Boost Google Rankings
- Create content not only around keywords, but also around specific topics. Google doesn’t just look for individual words; it crawls content for overall theme and message. This is integral to content marketing for construction.
- Build your blog posts into topic clusters so that your pages support each other. Google will recognise that you’ve covered all angles of a topic and boost your rankings.
- Optimise your website speed by using lightweight features, graphics and plugins.
- Include as many inbound links as possible to create a strong web-like foundation of content.
- Include quality backlinks to other websites with strong domain authorities. This will boost your domain authority in return.
- Ensure that your website is mobile-responsive; over 50% of website traffic comes from mobile devices, so your website needs to be accessible to these users.
- Avoid duplicate content, as Google penalises ranking status for this.
- Include meta tags and descriptions for SEO purposes; make your topics clear to Google.
- Give all of your images alt tags so that Google can crawl these with your written content.
- Ensure all your redirect links work.
- Acquire an SSL certificate to ensure that your website is viewed over a safe connection (your website address will begin with https). This means that your site’s visitor data will be encrypted and secure.
- Optimise your content for voice search, which is quickly becoming the preferred way to search Google. Integrate questions into your content, as these tend to be the exact search enquires submitted by voice.
- Find a new angle on your subject to write unique content that hasn’t been covered before. Be original.
- Post consistently; one or two blog posts won’t cut it. The more you write about a topic, the more likely all of your content is to rank.
- Consistently review your content to update links and detail as you develop new perspectives and content.
You can read about the results that Insynth’s clients have benefitted from following these tips here.
For a complete website audit that identifies how you can improve your Google rankings, sign up to speak to an SEO expert today.
Insynth Marketing is a leading UK construction marketing consultancy based in Shifnal in the West Midlands. Insynth employ the latest inbound marketing techniques such as construction inbound marketing, to help building product manufacturers grow their businesses by aggressively driving sales lead generation activity.
As the only HubSpot certified agency to major on construction marketing, we bring together construction marketing strategy, digital strategy, website design, SEO, content marketing, email marketing, sales automation, marketing automation and HubSpot CRM implementation to produce successful campaigns and great results for our clients.
Book Your Free Consultation Today