To celebrate the release of our latest eBook, The Construction Marketer’s Guide to Email Marketing, I’m sharing some top email stats from this year…
…To prove exactly why email is one of the most effective marketing channels.
If you feel that your construction business’ email marketing strategy is under-utilised (or even under-valued) then these stats might be just what your organisation needs to step up their email marketing game.
Read on to find out more!
Key Email Marketing Stats
To provide a general overview of email marketing, we have hand-picked some key statistics. Many of these can be directly applied to you building products company.
- Daily, there are 3.9 billion users. (Statista, 2020)
- Mobile usage accounts for 46 percent of all email opens. (litmus.com, 2018)
- 35% of professionals check email on their mobile device. (Convince & Convert, 2018)
- 73% of millennials prefer business interactions to come via email. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Those who use segmented campaigns note as much as a 760% increase in revenue. (Campaign Monitor, 2019)
- 35% of marketers send their customers 3-5 emails a week. (Not Another State of Marketing, 2020)
- Over the last 12 months, 78% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement. (Not Another State of Marketing, 2020)
- 80% of business professionals believe email increases customer retention. (Emarsys, 2018)
- 59% of respondents say emails influence their purchasing decisions. (SaleCycle, 2018)
For me, there are some key stand-out statistics here. Firstly, the rise in email engagement is something that shouldn’t be ignored right now. Whilst face-to-face interactions have decreased, people are utilising email as a key communication tool.
Secondly, segmented campaigns are key to email marketing success. To read more about email segmentation, read our post here.
B2B Email Marketing Stats to Take Note of for Your Construction Business
Here, we’ve highlighted some key statistics that might directly impact your construction business’ decision to adopt email marketing.
- 81% of B2B marketers say their most used email is in newsletter format. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
- 16% of all emails never make it to the inbox. (Email Tool Tester, 2019)
- 90% of marketers say email engagement is the top metric they track to measure content performance. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
- 85% of B2B marketers say that email marketing software is their second-most common technology they use. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
Here we can see that your tech stack has an important role to play in the success of your email marketing efforts. Additionally, the use of newsletters appears to be a preferred strategy for conveying useful information about your business.
I’m sure you’ll agree that the above statistics are helpful in making the case for investing more time and money into your email marketing strategy.
Need more convincing? Don’t hesitate to download our latest eBook, and, of course, reach out if you need any support with your email marketing campaigns.